As part of the team, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing partnership, corporate, and individual federal income tax returns and all related work papers.
- Coordinating with the client’s tax and finance departments to gather data for tax return preparation.
- Assisting with strategic tax planning including researching federal tax law and drafting technical memos.
- Assisting with IRS audit defense including preparation of IDR responses and drafting issue responses as well as more formal appeals.
- 1-3 years’ experience in federal taxation
- Preparation experience of federal tax returns for corporations, partnerships, and individuals
- Understanding of accounting for income tax provisions in accordance with ASC740
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of obtaining)
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Able to travel up to 25%
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Supervisory experience