Boston, Ma | Remote
Our team provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by integrating tax strategy and business operations. Our spectrum of tax services range from tax planning to tax preparation and compliance, controversy and risk management for private enterprises and high net worth individuals.
As part of the team, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing partnership, corporate, and individual federal income tax returns and all related work papers.
- Coordinating with the client’s tax and finance departments to gather data for tax return preparation.
- Assisting with strategic tax planning including researching federal tax law and drafting technical memos.
- Assisting with IRS audit defense including preparation of IDR responses and drafting issue responses as well as more formal appeals.
- 1-3 years’ experience in federal taxation
- Preparation experience of federal tax returns for corporations, partnerships, and individuals
- Understanding of accounting for income tax provisions in accordance with ASC740
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of obtaining)
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Able to travel up to 25%
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Supervisory experience